Alliance2015 is currently looking for a Communications Officer to join its Brussels office full-time.
Alliance2015 is a strategic partnership of seven leading European INGOs with development and humanitarian programmes in 90 countries across the world. Alliance2015 members cooperate in emergency preparedness and response, development programming and knowledge sharing, and in Advocacy. Founded in 2000 to strengthen our members’ contribution to the Millennium Development Goals, we are committed to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Communications Officer will develop and implement communications plans and materials to
- support the Alliance2015 advocacy and fundraising objectives in Brussels and
- together with our members, support internal and external communications to position the Alliance to our targeted stakeholders and ensure optimal visibility within the context of our mandate and strategy. The main external audience are EU decision-makers and their key Brussels interlocutors. The internal audience is composed of all members’ staff involved in Alliance2015 activities, including country teams.
Main duties & Responsibilities
Strategy development and implementation:
- Work with senior Alliance staff and member agencies to develop & lead the implementation of Alliance2015 communications strategy within the context of the overall strategy.
Digital Media Presence:
- Develop and maintain Alliance2015’s online presence including the website, social media and intranet in close collaboration with members, in line with the strategy;
- Evaluate and analyse Alliance2015’s communications, especially digital activity and the response to it; make and implement relevant recommendations;
- Maintain and develop links with relevant Brussels/EU media contacts
Communication Materials Development:
- Coordinate, design, write, edit and produce engaging external and internal communication materials and ensure that they adhere to Alliance2015 communications guidelines; this includes Alliance2015 updates, in-briefs and annual reports;
- Design and ensure communications requirements for specific Brussels based and/or Alliance2015 led events;
- Support the production of high quality talking points, media briefings and specific presentations by senior Alliance2015/member staff in Brussels.
- Regular exchange with, and support to, the Communication group members to include their views and needs in Alliance2015 communications, and to source their content contributions;
- Work closely with members of the hub team to keep abreast of the activities across the Alliance working groups;
- Ensure regular update of Alliance2015 general information databases to support evidence-based communication;
- Respond to general enquiries received to Alliance2015 info email & redirect as required;
- Support planning of, participate in and take minutes of Annual meetings and if required, other meetings;
- Regularly assess utilisation and relevance of Alliance2015 communication tools (website, intranet, updates etc.) and proactively manage and if necessary adapt, these communication tools;
Undertake any other relevant tasks as requested by line manager.
- Educated to degree level with 4-5 years relevant experience;
- Exceptionally strong writing, editing and copy-editing skills in English;
- Successful experience in content marketing, social media and communications management, creating and editing digital content, contributing to brand/niche development;
- Proven ability to contribute to and deliver aspects of communications strategies with impact;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to share, listen, interpret, receive and respond to feedback but also an understanding of the specifics of working for a network /in multi-cultural settings);
- Flair for design and presentations (desk-top publishing skills an asset, as are knowledge of use of video production in communications);
- Proven ability to work on internet and website editing platforms/tools (e.g. Sharepoint);
- Experience in developing communication products including brochures, promotional materials, etc. both print and digital;
- Highly proactive and organised;
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Experience working with coalitions, membership or partnership organisations;
- Experience in working in development and humanitarian contexts;
- Experience of working in the Brussels policy.
For further information, please visit Alliance2015 vacancy page.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected] by midnight CET on 26 November 2017, using the following subject line: Alliance2015_Communications Officer_Applicant Name.