You are invited to the international launch of the 2016 Global Hunger Index: Getting to Zero Hunger, hosted by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and Alliance2015.
When: Tuesday, 11 October 2016, 18:00-19:30 CET
Where: Press Club, Rue Froissart 95, 1000 Brussels
How to register for the event?
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] stating your name and organisation.
The 2016 Global Hunger Index (GHI), authored by Alliance2015 members Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe, and IFPRI, is the eleventh in an annual series. It shows that the world has made progress in reducing hunger since 2000 but still has a long way to go to reach Zero Hunger by 2030. It also lays out policy recommendations to make Zero Hunger a reality for everyone.
The GHI launch in Brussels will present an overview of global food and nutrition security and enrich the discussion on hunger in the context of the 2030 Agenda by providing up to date and robust data and clear recommendations to be taken up by all EU stakeholders so that together we can end hunger for everyone by 2030.
Welcome and introduction by Dominic MacSorley, President of Alliance2015
Moderated by Mairead McGuinness MEP
- Commissioner Neven Mimica, Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development
- Shenggen Fan, Director of the International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC
- Felix Phiri, Director, Department of Nutrition, HIV and AIDS, Government of Malawi
- Claver Kabuhungu, Programme Coordinator Concern Burundi
- Biraj Patnaik, Principal Adviser to the Commissioners of the Supreme Court of India on the Right to Food (tbc)
- With a video message from David Nabarro, UN Special Advisor on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
For more information about the event, please click here.
Cover photo: Panos/Sven Torfinn 2008