The Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development is an action programme for peoples, the planet and prosperity endorsed in September 2015 by the governments of 193 member countries of UNO.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are part of the agenda. They include 169 specific objectives, which were established as follow up to the Millennium Development Goals), with the intention of going forward and propose the commitment of all governments and not just those of the poor countries.
The new agenda is a promise made by the leaders to all the people of the world. It’s an agenda for people , to defeat poverty in all its forms, an agenda for the planet, our shared home”, said Ban Ki-moon the secretary general of the United Nations. In fact the Sustainable Development Goals aim, by 2030, to eliminate poverty, promote economic prosperity and personal wellbeing, and to protect the environment.
Cesvi, for years involved projects of food reliability, sustainable nutrition and agriculture, finds its natural frame of reference in SDG2: Zero hunger: reach food security, improve nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
Working with the European network Alliance2015, the SDG12 – guarantee sustainable models of production and consumption – is also part of Cesvi’s agenda to promote not only sustainable food production (in economic terms and in use of natural resources), but also responsible consumption, different from as it is now (management of food refuse, no to wastage)
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Ensure access to water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources.
- Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss.
- Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
- Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.